How does it work?
The first thing to be mentioned is that affiliate marketing is a great means for online business. In simple words, this is about making money in the Internet, quickly and without large investments, developing a product or manufacturing something, shipping it, etc. Your task is to show the product to the audience and take a commission for such ad.
In general, affiliate marketing is described as an online service, where somebody refers traffic to another platform, offering such actions as: to purchase, subscribe, log in, download a file, install an app, etc. Affiliate marketing helps to make money through advertising in the internet. Participants of this process are – advertiser, publisher and consumer, and all of them benefit from it.
Advantages of affiliate marketing
If you are an entrepreneur or a businessman, it is extremely important to apply affiliate marketing to your field, so let’s highlight the main advantages that advertisers have.
- The first one is getting new costumers. With the help of banners, images, articles or videos on other sites related to their sphere and with direct link to them, the audience range increases much faster.
- It is cheap. There is no need to hire someone or to produce something. All you have to do is to choose the sum of money you’re ready to spend on it and get the result.
- It is worldwide. This is probably one of the greatest advantages – you can purchase your product to people from all over the world. In comparison with printed ads or city banners, they are mostly local and it is almost impossible to get a significant feedback from them nowadays.
If you are a publisher and treat affiliate marketing as a passive income, there are also lots of benefits.
- It depends only on where you want your office to be. If your blog, account, video channel goes really well, some companies might be interested (заинтересованные, а не интересные) in you advertising their product. It may be a local seller or a worldwide known manufacturer.
- Passive income. Affiliate marketing has many programs, such as Pay Per Click, Pay Per Action and Pay Per Lead. All of them work both for the publisher and the advertiser as long as people see them. It allows you to make money even with your computer turned off.
- Less stress. Do not worry about shipping or storage because you do not sell anything. This stress is on the companies’ shoulders and you only show the product without forcing people to buy it.
- Wide range of choice. Choose the company you would like to work with. No boss will stay behind your back telling what to write or say. It depends only on you.
And the last, but not the least involved person is a customer.
- For them it is an easy way to see new products and offers that are hardly available via common sources of information such as newspapers, TV ads, etc.
- It helps to find what they need because the particular platform displays the advertisements relevant to the sphere it works in, thus the range increases.
As you can see affiliate marketing is not only about making money on account of customers, but it also has a bunch of advantages for all participants – advertiser, executor and consumer.