Taking your products in front of potentially millions of pairs of eyes can cost you a lot of money. Convincing the viewers to purchase them can cost you even more from your marketing budget. Well, now imagine being able to do both of that without having to spend any money. Affiliate marketing is nowadays one of the most cost-effective and powerful online marketing programs that can help you drive high-quality traffic and sales to your website.
Thanks to the rise of the internet, there now exists a multitude of opportunities for affiliate marketers and brands to make their fortunes when working together. Affiliate partnerships are a mutually beneficial solution to grow audience, improve brand’s credibility and drive high-quality traffic and sales.
Affiliate marketing explained
The concept behind affiliate marketing is pretty simple to understand. It is the process which results from the partnerships created between brands and other people to promote their products or services by offering financial incentives for leads or sales. Simply put, brands make more money by increasing their sales while affiliate marketers make money by receiving a commission for helping brands promote and sell their products.
The beauty of affiliate marketing is the fact that it is beneficial for both brands and affiliate marketers. While marketers can work with multiple companies simultaneously and receive financial incentives from each of them, brands promote their products with no financial risk because they only have to pay once they see the results.
In a nutshell, this type of marketing involves three different parties to succeed and benefit everyone involved in the partnership including:
- The brand
- The affiliate marketer or publisher
- The buyer
Who are the affiliates?
The affiliate partners are also known as publishers. They are the ones that will recommend your products or services to their audience and the ones you will pay a commission once your site starts getting high-quality traffic and more sales.
However, although all of them ensure that their audience will see your products and will be engaged in purchasing them, every type of affiliate advertises the products differently. Here are the most common partners that you should reach out to:
- Influencers- Nowadays, influencers seem to play a huge role in affiliate marketing programs. They are the individuals who have built their audience and have huge power in impacting the purchasing decisions of their followers. It is easy for them to direct their followers to your products by making recommendations through their social media accounts or blogs because they are already the individuals that people look up to. Thus, they can play a huge role in increasing your brand’s credibility.
- Bloggers- Bloggers can be the perfect partners if you are looking to increase your site’s conversions. They can rank organically in search engine queries and their reviews about your products or services can play a vital role in improving your sales.
- Email lists- Email marketing has been an effective advertising method for a long time now. Some affiliate partners can use the email lists they have to advertise your products or services by sending email newsletters that include links to your products.
- Affiliate networks- If you want to add a layer of trust between you and your partners, these networks can help you manage your partnership more securely. They typically connect affiliate marketers with brands and help by handling all tracking, reporting, and payments to affiliates.
- Social media websites- Social media websites are one of the most popular channels used by affiliate marketers these days. They provide a superior exposure of your brand to advertise your products or services to a massive audience.
How to find affiliate partners
Affiliate marketing is gaining momentum among brands and marketers because it is an advertising method that benefits all parties involved. Finding affiliate partners these days isn’t a difficult task and it can all come down to simply asking people directly if they are interested in advertising your products.
Yet, the tricky part of finding affiliates is the fact that your brand needs to offer excellent products and, obviously, a generous commission because your relationship with your partners should be a win-win. Here’s how to find and engage with affiliates that will help you boost your sales and increase your site’s conversions:
- Join affiliate networks- Affiliate networks are an effective way of finding your affiliate partners. Their main purpose is to help brands and affiliate marketers connect and have a win-win partnership.
- Direct contact- Sometimes, the easiest way to find affiliates is to ask the people directly if they are interested in joining your affiliate program. You can search your brand’s niche through keywords related to your products or services and reach out to those who have an audience suitable for your business goals.
- Attend affiliate marketing events- Another great way to find affiliates is to attend conferences and other types of events related to affiliate marketing. Face-to-face networking is a great way to expose the benefits of your affiliate program and attract partners to join it and advertise your products or services to their audience.
- Join social media groups- Social media platforms are great channels for connecting with affiliates. You can join social media groups and tell people about your affiliate program and attract them to partner with your brand to earn money from commissions.
Make sure your affiliates align with your brand
If you want to succeed with affiliate marketing, choosing the best affiliates for your brand is paramount. When partnering with affiliates, you need to keep in mind that their audience is the most important aspect of your partnership. For example, if your brand sells beauty products, a site that offers beauty or makeup tips or affiliates that post content related to beauty hacks is certainly a better choice than a tech website.
Melanie Simon, the head of the marketing department at IsAccurate, says that “ When engaging with new affiliates, brands need to keep in mind the type of audience they want to reach”. Thus, before recruiting new affiliates into your program, make sure their content engages the type of audience your brand needs to boost sales.
Have effective communication with your affiliates
Having an effective professional relationship with your partners is imperative because you can’t just expect people who don’t know you personally to help you drive more site traffic and boost your sales. Having an effective communication strategy in place will help your affiliates to understand your brand and promote it exactly the way you want the consumers to perceive it.
Your relationship with the affiliates should be based on honesty and friendship because you both have something to win if your partnership brings results. Also, when you are fostering a good relationship with your affiliate partners, they will feel more motivated to promote your products or services not only for the commission they will get but also because of the connection they feel with your brand.
Blend your affiliate program with top quality content
The written content of your affiliate marketing strategy is as important as the person who recommends your products or services. Affiliate partners typically create their content to advertise your brand. However, if you want to make sure that the message you want people to know about your brand is properly transmitted, use the following tools for comprehensive, captivating and mistake-free text:
Grammarly: this is a free online tool that will check your content for any common spelling, grammar, and style mistakes.
BestEssay.Education: the team of professionals will analyze your content and give you feedback on how to improve your writing skills.
Copyscape: This is an online tool that can help you avoid publishing a plagiarized text by checking your content to find duplicate text.
GrabMyEssay: use this service to get your product descriptions checked and proofread by talented writers.
SupremeDissertations: if you are looking for a more human touch when it comes to the content for advertising your products, the team of experienced writers from SupremeDissertations can help you.
Your affiliate marketing program can do wonders with increasing your brand’s credibility, drive high-quality traffic on your website, and boost sales if done right. When recruiting and engaging with affiliate partners, pay attention in choosing the ones that can help your products and services be seen by the right pair of eyes. If you want to succeed with affiliate marketing and maximize returns on your investments, make sure you create an affiliate program that benefits both you and your affiliate partners.